We are looking for a “Technical Director” with hands-on technical experience in executing strategic digital projects, preferably with MEA government entities.
- Manage the integration of solutions with our customer’s IT environment.
- Lead, manage, and carry out solution testing and pilots.
- Be the technical liaison with the technical team of the vender.
- Lead and manage technical discussions with stakeholders, other customers, and prospects.
- Provide local support and basic technical training to the client’s team, other partners, and customers in the region.
- Leads technical implementations to ensure that solutions are in line with project objectives, as well as technical assessments and direction for areas of special project interest.
- Interact with multidisciplinary teams, (hardware/software) engineering, and professionals from government departments and telecom providers.
- Assists in the development of relevant roadmaps, plans, architectures, timelines, documentation, and policies and procedures, as well as other organizational guidance.
- Train teammates and project-based employees on workflows, utilization, and best practices.
- Give technical advice and support to the sales team.
- Develop and revise statements of work, which should include accurate time and cost estimates.
- Analyze user requirements and usability metrics to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Apply architectural and functional specifications to the project.
- Research and introduce new technologies for all employees and management.
- Assist in creating in-house standards.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Masters in Computer Science Technology and strong telecom experience
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in the MENA region
- A minimum of 6 years of hands-on technical experience in executing POCs/Pilots in similar strategic projects, preferably with governments in the MEA region
- 2+ years of experience in a supervisory capacity
- Excellent understanding of the current web and mobile app landscape
- Digital project management experience is a plus.
- It is preferable to have US or European citizenship for ease of travel.
Interested applicants should send their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate the position title in the subject line.